I need to blog. its been a damn long time since I last touched my emotions and thoughts. yeah. better not rust, if not.. nevermind. loads of things happened today.
1) shiang's bdae (morning part and afternoon part story) + matthew low comments on dta
2) geog people lunch
3) saga seeds collection and lesson
4) maths tutorial (ok not as funny as last fri the break before maths tutorial)
5) testimonial forms, econs results, and more
~ An account of a pretty much out-of-the-ordinary or ordinary school day. ~
early morning. on the bus.
-smsed joan and told her there's less than 4 months, or 116 days left.-
her reply: " Haha,thanks for the reminder.i'm still like adjusting. : "
-after alighting from the bus already-
I saw hanyang while walking down the stairs of the long bridge outside
me: "today's shiang's bdae."
hanyang: "yea ok".
then I walked to the canteen and saw victor chang eating his breakfast there, so I went to talk to him (I was standing and he was sitting, my head looking downwards) and told him the same thing. he was abit surprised.
victor: "oh really?" and he smiled.
then he said "oh my god", and then I looked up in my horizontal direction and saw shiang! woah! he walked over at the stairs.
me: "speak of the devil"
shiang: "like who's the devil"
he was holding some plastic bag, which at first I thought, contained stuff that ppl gave him. but it was the stuff that he wanted to give ppl (jesus crosses), so I couldn’t take any lah cos im buddhist. yeah. then went over to the drinks stall there, and saw jiaying. she was like quite happy to see shiang (LOL!) and then she gave him this fragile thing in a medium-sized nice bag.
(I just want to write things down lol. don't blame me arh if this spreads elsewhere..)
yeah. so shiang and me walked to the class benches, talking about battle stations and stuff. after a long talk, I went to find dta (duong tuan anh) but he wasn't at the class bench. matthew low said probably he was playing facebook quizzes in boarding school, maybe?! but it was a joke lah. then I went back to shiang's class bench, talked awhile more (not sure the details or whatever), and then I went to the 1st lesson venue. yawns.
most of the guys were already there. interestingly nobody commented on my hair yet.
then lesson started at later than 0750. temp-taking, and then wash-up of thermometer, and the horrors of the 1st case study of the recent BT2. yeah. 14/30 for myself, highest in class 17. better than dta's class, which has highest in class 16. realised some pitfalls and tricks, like that analysis qn for part b, have to punch all 3 demand factors, and state no supply factors (no change) but it is affected by PES. a bit wasted. gotta find out how william managed to pass so well this time.
-smsed shiang and dta my econs results and class highest-
shiang: " Sia la. Like that I die also " (touchwood please)
-you're mage leh. plus int.-
shiang: " Lol… I change to paladin lol. Now got high int and str. My teacher not giving back paper.… So disappointing "
-actually not supposed to give back one-
shiang: " Lol that’s why I never get back la. Lucky dude "
dta: " Better than my class. Highest is 16. And at least u pass. I fail. Btw u staying in sch after lesson? "
breaktime at 0900. went to library to find jinhui. he bought new pants from high sch bookshop. then I sent the testimonial stuff to colin loy, and asked jinhui to help me fill in form c and stuff on the peer evaluation portion. finalised the draft gp essay plan as well, nothing much changed.
the first draft looks like this. they want only factual information.
Chinese Orchestra and Music Achievements
Tan En Hao was an active member of the college Chinese Orchestra. In 2009, he performed with the orchestra in the Singapore Youth Festival (SYF) Central Judging for Chinese Orchestras, attaining the prestigious Gold with Honours award.
He also performed in various college functions, such as the Chinese New Year Celebrations and Hwa Chong Arts Festival Concert for both 2008 and 2009, and also externally at the Singapore Garden Festival in 2008.
Despite having little musical background, En Hao registered for the Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music (ABRSM) Grade 5 Practical Examination for Cello, and managed to achieve an impressive Pass with Distinction.
As an ordinary member of the college Astronomy Club, En Hao contributed significantly to the manpower, logistics and photography coverage for various Astronomy-related conventions, competitions and exhibitions.
These include the roles he played for the Astrigue Convention and Challenge (co-hosted by Raffles Junior College and Hwa Chong Institution) in 2008 as photographer, and in 2009 as head of logistics and photographer. He also extended his help in logistics, displays and photography in the Astronomy 2008 exhibition held at the Singapore Art Museum.
En Hao was also selected by his seniors to participate in AstroChallenge 2008, an inter-college astronomy competition organized by the National University of Singapore and Nanyang Technological University Astronomy Clubs.
Community Service
En Hao has volunteered in large-scale Community Involvement Projects (CIP), such as the NTUC FairPrice Used Textbooks Project during the November school holidays, as well as the school-based Athena Faculty Founders' Day CIP.
that was about it. then at 1000, we went to maths lecture, where most ppl (as expected) didn't bring their "sampling" lecture notes, and so they talked a lot. I brought mine, yay, cos I packed my bag last night. wilfred commented (kind of niao me, or ridicule in a joke manner) that "the best part that megan fox likes about –me- is my hair." so yeah that was the only mention for today of the haircut I had yesterday. after the lecture, jinhui told me that the numb feeling of the thermometer could be due to mercury leak (which I kind of suspect actually, its a weird taste) so I gotta buy a new thermometer just in case. I'm damn scared my left brain pain cos' of this. oh well.
(sms) kexin: " Heys! Rah very boreds. :x "
I gotta reply her. it kind of slipped off me.
physical geog tutorial at 1100. nevermind, we just went through the el nino thing. oh yah and we watched a few youtube videos also. then the guys from 08S6B asked mrs chua to click on that video with the "green patch", which was something titled "el nino ronaldo" or something, which had some montage of a soccer player scoring goals. (how lame can my tutorial class, get? LOL)
human geog lecture on urban cities, bid-rent theory, alonso's model, evaluations and blah. retail and commerce bids highly for best location, followed by industrial, then residential. then theres also reversal of trends, introducing residential developments like pinnacle @ duxton into the CBD area. one thing I'm confused over: orchard road is not part of CBD or what? is the CBD restricted to only raffles place region only? wanted to quote the 'injection of life into the CBD after midnight' via things such as pubs, bungee activities along clarke quay and midnight shopping along orchard road on every last fri of the month. orchard road is now in a hot redevelopment spree; I visited orchard central with joan that day when I went her house to mug. then there's ion orchard due to open next week or around there. and also 313 @ somerset to open by end of this year. ok whatevers.
finally the lunch break at 1300. wilfred suggested we go high sch canteen since he ate at the college side in the morning. went there, walked in the sun (hot!) and talked about efficient mugging ¹ mug too hard from now til the end. mugging 12 hours a day doesn't give much efficiency, as after 6 hours, I know, we start to go into the LDMR (law of diminishing marginal returns) mood, or mode. quite true. I'll see how I can plan on finishing all these prelim papers (2007 and 2008 ones) that I've collected.
actually for today I was feeling damn warm / hot around my neck. hope its not due to mercury.
we ordered BBQ chicken from the western food stall. then went to the drinks stall, and saw the geog group just came, with their bags also. then just sit down, order stuff, and eat. lol. then only thing I'm mindful about is the dust and smell from the construction site very near the canteen. sian. other than that, it has been a good gathering. wilfred asked the group what / where to go after A levels, and most of us just wanted to stay locally except shaoying (overseas?). and we weren't so sure about uni courses to apply for also, like, "just get 4 A first then see how", according to valerie chew. yeah.
walked back together, and along the SRC area next to kong chian admin centre, we stopped around there to college saga seeds (for kelly and melissa I think). one of those rare moments where we actually don't resemble ppl who are about 18. haha! yichan passed her jacket and purse to me to hold onto, while they all went to collect the saga seeds. I'm quite bad at this cos' I cant really see the seeds in the ground, maybe cos of the colorblind condition, which makes differentiating color quite tough. when wilfred asked me yichan's jacket color, I wasn't sure it was brown or green also (it was brown). but we had fun. the girls had some plastic bags from famous amos and other bags to keep the seeds. lots of them!
awhile later, I sat down with wilfred over the parapet and we talked a little. I told him this old fact that I read long ago, about an archaeological digging that found a seed which was 14000 years old. when those ppl planted it, it germinated. wilfred went on to say that we are like these seeds with full of hidden potentials, talents and stuff, and we have to find our ways to germinate ourselves and flourish. given the right conditions, it would be possible. later on when we were almost done and walking already, jonathan (quek) asked "how come there's so many seeds but they don't grow into trees?"… kind of true and reflective of exactly what I thought, when I looked at them collecting the saga seeds a moment ago. a wonderful self-questioning mechanism, given the right conditions, we are pretty much smart in our own ways, definitely. maybe when we learn more, we can find out why the "excess survival syndrome" (quote from shaoying) has caused most seeds to remain dormant, and few to germinate, if at all.
thank you, for giving me the chance to think about "what I am doing in this life". I guess we are one step closer to the full answer.
we were 'early' for maths tutorial. it was on the sampling tutorial and walkthrough. three things that I recall from here:
1) I replied to simple random sampling as "random hex (#)" and bingyeow turned around and ask me what I said. then wilfred guessed that he heard something else, lol!
2) wangyi asked if my ex is / was in hwachong. I don't think so. haha.
3) while commenting to bingyeow on how funny he was during (1), my hand swinged backwards and touched shaoying's arm when she was walking to the front of the classroom. =.= ok abit… but bingyeow don't need to shout "molester" right! lol. whatever. a lot of these freak incidents do happen actually, which I do feel embarrassed about. like the tricia incident on the braking bus when we went to jiaying's house for this year's CNY, or the laiweng incident. ahh haunting memories. whatever!
maths ended yay. gotta do sampling though. went to library with jinhui to look at the form c thing he filled up for me (thanks a lot) and then just submitted it to colin loy after changing the phrased "Enhao" to "En Hao". then we printed the gp thing also, and then we went out of library.
told dta that I wouldn't be around in library. I went to MPH to celebrate shiang's bdae with the rest of the comm. free food yay! there was food flow, stock check, and then after that I played the xylophone and glockenspiel (metal xylophone) with francis, and dominic. got some scoresheets for zanarkand FF10, gold saucer FF7, aria de mezzo carattere FF6, opera panic wedding FF6.
sorry to dta that things end up such that I didn't meet up with him in library. intended to get his ipod and stuff to transfer battlefield files over so that he could rip them onto cd and give kiddo.
(sms) Dominic: " Hi cellobass! :) MOE has suspended CCA and sch gatherings, we're trying to find other venues for QGY. R u free on 26th evening? Urgent, pls reply asap! Sry :(
-I anything- (but he doesn't need to say sorry for that matter, haha)
ah, I didn't bring home my cello! nevermind, someday later. anyways, I left the MPH with the bunch of old comm ppl, cos the remaining ppl left are the juniors (and I didn't want to act like I'm a junior, hah) so yeah. was waiting with the rest of the comm ppl around the toilets area, and listened to their conversations.
…
yiling asked shiang if "some arts ppl gave you presents" and then shiang blatantly denied it. LOL! I can always like blackmail shiang. just joking.
we were waiting for weekian. then he walked over from the other side (corridor facing street soccer court) and then he was like saying "I walked very far already. then I heard some ppl laughing then thought maybe you all are here." …and so our laughter saved the day.
I know today has been pretty good itself. though I didn't do work (ouch!)
at night…
(sms) ma siyuan : " …gp assignments, which nobody cares much about."
(sms) dta : "Nehnehpok (shien) finally replied on fb lol "
"Lol ok. I dun receive any mms yet. "
(sms) wilfred: "Lol, I ended up slacking. Haha. So much for being productive. But planning to do statistics tomorrow after school."
-motivate each other and push on / hard. revise to recap each day's work at the end of that day-
"See how first. Anyway see you tomorrow. Rest well. Nite. "
with that, we are one day closer to the real exams. 115 days to go. chiong! ~ 2475 words ~
garnet peridotite was shining at
23:59
// my survival \\
\\ n-n * ff shirt 2 //
[EOYrrARCHIVES]
andrea . (cgs)
chanyi . (nyco suona)
chen chi . (nyco ruan)
chris . (hcco suona)
dao teng . (hcico dizi)
dewei . (hcico cello)
eddie . (hcco cello)
jasmine goh . (nyco suona)
jasmine kwek . (nyco bass)
jiamin . (rv)
jie lun . (hcico ruan)
jolene . (rvco ruan)
justin . (hcico gaosheng)
keng wei . (hcco ruan)
li fern . (nyco dizi)
liu hao . (hcco cello)
peng rong . (hcico zysheng)
seng chiy . (hcico xianyue)
shou kee . (hcse violin)
sin hwee . (hcco dizi)
sx . (hcico ruan)
trish . (nyco cello)
xxy . (hcico suona)
yanting . (nychoir)
yee jiunn . (hcico sheng)
yiLinG . (nyco bass)
zheng you . (hcco xyz)